Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone passcode requirements

Hi there,

I was using my phone my work couple of years ago, my organisation installed something on the phone to change my passcode rules instead 4-6 digits to become a full password using letters, numbers, special characters. I have left the company a while ago but don't know how to change this back to normal passcodes. I think it's related to my apple account rather than the device itself as I had a new phone a while ago, thanks

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 9:06 PM

merguise Said:

"iphone passcode requirements: Hi there, I was using my phone my work couple of years ago, my organisation installed something on the phone to change my passcode rules instead 4-6 digits to become a full password using letters, numbers, special characters. I have left the company a while ago but don't know how to change this back to normal passcodes. I think it's related to my apple account rather than the device itself as I had a new phone a while ago, thanks"

-------

Contact the Former Employer:

Are you logged into iCloud on this device? To change this, ask the employer for the password - enter it too many times (incorrectly), and you'd be locked out for good, and this device will be useless to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 9:06 PM in response to mgerguis

merguise Said:

"iphone passcode requirements: Hi there, I was using my phone my work couple of years ago, my organisation installed something on the phone to change my passcode rules instead 4-6 digits to become a full password using letters, numbers, special characters. I have left the company a while ago but don't know how to change this back to normal passcodes. I think it's related to my apple account rather than the device itself as I had a new phone a while ago, thanks"

-------

Contact the Former Employer:

Are you logged into iCloud on this device? To change this, ask the employer for the password - enter it too many times (incorrectly), and you'd be locked out for good, and this device will be useless to you.

Aug 1, 2020 9:06 PM in response to mgerguis

Open Settings and tap on General. Scroll down to and tap on Passcodes (may be Face ID & Passcodes.) You will be prompted to enter your passcode. Scroll down to and tap on Change Passcode. Enter your passcode, again. Just above the numeric keypad tap on Passcode Options. Tap on the option you prefer.

iphone passcode requirements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.