Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some apps fail to load

Some apps have started to fail opening

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 1:13 PM

OK....so this is why you're having issues. The apps should work just fine on your iPad. But you're running out of space on the iPad. And buying more iCloud storage does NOT increase the physical memory on your iPad at all. iCloud is a syncing service, which let's you store more data in the cloud. It has nothing to do with the physical memory on an iPad, which is fixed at the space you purchased.

You'll either need to invest in a newer iPad with more physical memory OR delete things off the iPad you don't need or use, such as photos, music, videos, apps, text messages, email, files, etc.

When you delete photos, they don't immediately delete. They go to a recently deleted folder, where they remain for 30 days to give you the opportunity to restore them if you change you mind. To permanently delete them, you delete them, then go to the recently deleted folder and delete them once and for all.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 1:13 PM in response to AZ Gary

OK....so this is why you're having issues. The apps should work just fine on your iPad. But you're running out of space on the iPad. And buying more iCloud storage does NOT increase the physical memory on your iPad at all. iCloud is a syncing service, which let's you store more data in the cloud. It has nothing to do with the physical memory on an iPad, which is fixed at the space you purchased.

You'll either need to invest in a newer iPad with more physical memory OR delete things off the iPad you don't need or use, such as photos, music, videos, apps, text messages, email, files, etc.

When you delete photos, they don't immediately delete. They go to a recently deleted folder, where they remain for 30 days to give you the opportunity to restore them if you change you mind. To permanently delete them, you delete them, then go to the recently deleted folder and delete them once and for all.

Aug 2, 2020 12:34 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Apps include Facebook, Words With Friends.Also unsuccessfully tried to manual back up which did not complete.

Ipad is iPad Air2

Software version is 13.5.1

I tried deleting other apps from iPad,and was able to operate Words app, but now I have a stripped down version of apps that I want to use.

I have been thinking that a replacement may be necessary to restore usage to previous levels. I have received notification that storage was full, and after all the deletions, the remaining storage did not change.

I have purchased iCloud storage and that has hardly any usage. Thank you

Some apps fail to load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.