Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Discolouration/scorch mark on IPhone 11 Pro Max

Hi,

Recently I’ve found quite a bad mark on my iPhone 11 Pro Max which I bought back in October last year. I’m really, really frustrated as I really take care of the phone and have no idea how it’s happened. I bought the phone for £1200 and don’t expect this sort of problem to occur with such a “Quality” product. Anyone had the same problem?

It looks like a burn mark, there’s discolouration on both the bottom of the phone by the speaker and also on the silent button. Can anyone help as I’m extremely annoyed.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 1:44 PM

Check with the folks that work for Apple directly: Get Support

That looks like a coating or contact issue with the finish, not scorching.

Particularly not with the discoloration on the mute switch.

What happened and what sort of contact is unclear.

See what Apple suggests.

4 replies

Aug 2, 2020 1:52 PM in response to JackDavies9898

At first glance it also looked like a burn mark however it is very difficult to figure out what caused it. Did you ever use a case on your iPhone? Maybe a reaction from the material on the case? Don't know. Wouldn't hurt to have the iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center and see if your Apple 1YR Warranty can take care of it. Can't think of anything else.

Axel F.

Discolouration/scorch mark on IPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.