Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do I not get verification code

Why do I not receive the verification code?

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:38 AM

See Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italics below.

Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article]

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This link takes you to:

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921 which you may need to use.

“Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. After you request account  recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access. … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account.” Read the whole document carefully. 

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 3:38 AM in response to Sachinys

See Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italics below.

Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article]

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. This link takes you to:

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921 which you may need to use.

“Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. After you request account  recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access. … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account.” Read the whole document carefully. 

Aug 3, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Sachinys

contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Aug 3, 2020 9:47 AM in response to Sachinys

In Mac OS catalina 10.15.6 when Apple ID and password is signed with www.icloud.com it prompts to enter admin password , don't enter it rather click on cancel .

Then enter Apple ID and password manually ( if iCloud Keychain is set up the credentials will fill up automatically ) .

Click on allow .

Slightly drag and drop the window of change password , click on don't change .

The verification window that was hidden will appear , a code will appear when the Mac is located through IP address , and location services / find my Mac is enabled .

Sometimes due to weak wifi signals , the code can be delayed then click on didn't get a verification , the code appears on Mac , use it and access the account also in this case devices are added in the Mac but not synced so the code will not appear in iPhone ( most important clue ) and Mac will act as device and create a code on desktop screen .

Regarding Mac OS Yosemite , the steps might differ as versions have been changed , the upcoming steps might have changed .

The step what I mentioned is when trusted numbers are added / and verified in the account , but they are not signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network .

If Mac and trusted numbers are signed in with same Apple ID and password and are synced , the code can be generated from Mac or iPhone ( same method using maps , it will prompt to allow or don't allow ) .

Aug 3, 2020 4:25 AM in response to tygb

Thanks.

This is regarding two factor authentication.

Apple account is created on imac.

I never get authentication code on my registered phone.

But, when I click on "Didn't get code ...... Resent it, I get SMS with code.

It happens always. Strange!

In Yosemite OS X, there is no link with "Didn't get verification code?", So, I just can not login into icloud, Appstore, anything?

How to fix it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Aug 3, 2020 7:56 AM in response to tygb

I could not install latest OS due to some problems.

Therefore, I had to install Yosemite 10.10.5

I could not sign in using apple id because it asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. 

I did not receive the verification code on my phone.

There was no link saying " Didn't get a verification code? Resend it?"

Therefore I could not ask for re-sending the verification code. And thus, I can never get it, and thus, I can never sign in my mac using apple id?

Unless I sign in using Apple id, I can not use the solution suggested by you.

I hope I am clear now.

This is indeed annoying.

Apple should suggest an easy way out!

How to overcome this problem?

Aug 3, 2020 8:50 AM in response to tygb

No, its two-factor authentication.

I have created apple-id less than a month ago.

Apple never send verification code.

But when I click on "Didn't receive ....? Resend ...", I get it.

But in Yosemite, I do not get a link with "Didn't receive ....? Resend ...".

This is very tricky :(

Frustrated with this problem.

Is there a way to fix this issue??

why do I not get verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.