Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-phone 6S Plus

When i dial out or answer the phone, the volume through my earpiece is very low. Putting it on speaker is fine - just the ear piece. How do I make it louder?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:04 AM

If you have distorted Sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad

If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...

If you only hear through speaker phone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support

If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this--> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 7:04 AM in response to Appleaccess20

If you have distorted Sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad

If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...

If you only hear through speaker phone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support

If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this--> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

Aug 3, 2020 2:44 PM in response to Appleaccess20

A large number of users are reporting this problem on different iPhone models. I believe I have tried all of the suggestions that have been made in the responses to these low volume reports. I have to use the speaker to hear most phone conversations. I have reported this issue on the Apple feedback page. It would be helpful if you reported the problem there as well. That's the best way to report this issue. Apple does not monitor this forum.

iPhone 8 / iOS v13.6

I-phone 6S Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.