Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook camera not recognized! HELP ASAP

Hello, few weeks ago, I noticed that the built in camera was no longer working. I did everything I could. But in utility information I noticed that the camera is not recognized...

Any one knows how to fix it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 9:55 AM

Check to see if the camera hardware is detected by the Apple System Profiler by Option-clicking on the Apple menu and selecting first option "System Information". On the left pane of the Profiler click on "Camera". The right pane should show the hardware information if the camera is working.

If you don't see the camera hardware, then try an SMC reset.

If this does not help, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider repair the laptop.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 9:55 AM in response to Juanterra

Check to see if the camera hardware is detected by the Apple System Profiler by Option-clicking on the Apple menu and selecting first option "System Information". On the left pane of the Profiler click on "Camera". The right pane should show the hardware information if the camera is working.

If you don't see the camera hardware, then try an SMC reset.

If this does not help, then you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider repair the laptop.

Macbook camera not recognized! HELP ASAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.