Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM Not Valid

I bought the iPhone Xs max international version and used more than 1 year (warranty expired), the software update is completely normal. Currently, my iPhone has a Sim not valid error and it can no longer be used. What do I do now to fix it?

Serial number: FF*****PHC

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 11:43 AM

The phone you have is locked to a carrier, and only a SIM from that carrier will work in it. You need to contact the carrier and ask them to unlock the phone. See—>How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Note that there is no such thing as an “international version”. iPhones are localized to the region where they are intended to be sold. This is different from “unlocked”.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 11:43 AM in response to viet133

The phone you have is locked to a carrier, and only a SIM from that carrier will work in it. You need to contact the carrier and ask them to unlock the phone. See—>How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Note that there is no such thing as an “international version”. iPhones are localized to the region where they are intended to be sold. This is different from “unlocked”.

SIM Not Valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.