Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get photos from my iCloud to my iMac

How do I get photos on my iCloud to download to my new iMac?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 5:58 PM

If you are using OS 10.10.3 or above, open Photos, then go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and check Photos syncing.

You can also do a manual download at iCloud.com/Photos. Hold down the command key while selecting the photos. Then click Download. Another option is to select a Moment, then click the Share button, and then cancelling the Share. The photos should remain selected.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 5:58 PM in response to JN3230

If you are using OS 10.10.3 or above, open Photos, then go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud and set up syncing. Then go to System Preferences/iCloud or Apple ID, sign in, and check Photos syncing.

You can also do a manual download at iCloud.com/Photos. Hold down the command key while selecting the photos. Then click Download. Another option is to select a Moment, then click the Share button, and then cancelling the Share. The photos should remain selected.

how to get photos from my iCloud to my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.