Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad is disable + broken home button + not recognized by itunes

Hello everyone!

I have an old ipad air (a1474), and it has became disable, with the screen saying " Ipad is disable, connect to Itunes". I tried to do that, but the ipad is never recognized by the computer. To which I read that the solution was to make a restore, but I cant do that becouse my home button is broken, which means I cant put it into recovery mode. Also, I tried, reiboot, dr fone and 4ukey, but none of those work because the ipad is just not recognized in the computer. (Cable is perfect, also computer, and I tested with my other ipad which worked flawlessly)

Any suggestions?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 6:19 PM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2020 6:32 PM in response to zFare

You must have the iPad home button repaired or you won't be able to restore it. Apple doesn't actually repair iPad. Apple offers Out of Warranty replacements for about 60% of the price of the iPad when new. And to be honest, that is a first generation iPad Air, which was released in 2013, now 7 years ago. It is no longer supported and can only support iOS 12.x.x, which means it cannot be updated to the current iPadOS 13, nor any future iPadOS updates.

It, in my opinion would not be worth the investment to get it working.

Ipad is disable + broken home button + not recognized by itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.