Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find downloaded audio from our iTunes U Site

We are testing a password-protected site.
We want students to be able to directly download content to their iPod Touches, without going through a computer. Once downloaded, we can see video files, but not audio ones. This is on iPod Touch 3G, freshly restored with iOS4. Can someone else test this for me?
Go to http://ilex.conncoll.edu (rough visual prototype pages)
Enter demo for user and demo for pw. You will see thee podcasts.
Guitar Recitals has only one group. I downloaded 1-Italiana and 2-Etude in Bm. Once downloaded, I can't find them anywhere on the iPod. However, if you do a search, they come up and can be played!
Videos are not a problem, they show up under Videos.
Anyone have any idea where the audio files would be listed?
Are we doing anything wrong with adding metadata? Right now there is only an image.
The audio files show up correctly in iTunes on a computer, under iTunes U as part of a podcast, the problem seems to be the iPod. This is also an iPod support question, but I thought I'd start here.

Intel XServe, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jul 22, 2010 11:30 AM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2010 1:37 PM in response to Frank Fulchiero

Just some additional details:
1. Audio files directly downloaded on the iPod Touch from open sites in the app iTunes>iTunes U show up in the app Music>iTunes U, and are grouped into their respective podcasts. Audio files downloaded from our password-protected site are nowhere to be found (unless I'm blind), and when they are through search, are not grouped with files in the same podcast, in the little upper file list window (like open download files are).

2. Video files directly downloaded on the iPod Touch show up in Videos, and are grouped as episodes in their respective podcasts, but video files downloaded from our password-protected site are displayed as belonging to individual episodes, though they are part of one podcast.

Wondering if adding any metadata to the files before uploading would fix this, or if this is a bug.

Can't find downloaded audio from our iTunes U Site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.