Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I export my imovie to my computer? I keep getting a message that say iMovie must complete other task. Where do look to see what tother task need to be performed?other

How do I export my iMovie to my computer? I keep getting a message that say iMovie must complete other task. Where do look to see what the other task that need to be performed?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 8:47 AM

iMovie is tidying up the movie to prepare it for export. It may be converting video clips, creating a render file, backing up the project, or completing editing functions such as stabilization. There is no feature in iMovie 10 to view the tasks that are being completed. You can look in Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor to see what processes are running on your Mac. It is best to be patient and wait until the tasks are completed and then export. If the tasks go on for a very long time you may be able to abort them by Force Quitting and reopening iMovie.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 8:47 AM in response to Cricket1954

iMovie is tidying up the movie to prepare it for export. It may be converting video clips, creating a render file, backing up the project, or completing editing functions such as stabilization. There is no feature in iMovie 10 to view the tasks that are being completed. You can look in Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor to see what processes are running on your Mac. It is best to be patient and wait until the tasks are completed and then export. If the tasks go on for a very long time you may be able to abort them by Force Quitting and reopening iMovie.

-- Rich

How do I export my imovie to my computer? I keep getting a message that say iMovie must complete other task. Where do look to see what tother task need to be performed?other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.