Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini 2018 BootCamp Drivers missing

I have successfully installed Windows 10 (2004) Boot Camp on my Mac Mini 2018, and most devices have been recognised by the Boot Camp drivers, with the exception of 4 devices:

Base System Device - Hardware ID PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16BE&SUBSYS_96BE14E4&REV_20

MAP MAS-iOS - Hardware ID BTHENUM\{00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0001004c_PID&722c

Wireless iAP - Hardware ID BTHENUM\{00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacafe}_VID&0001004c_PID&722c

Wireless iAP v2 - Hardware ID BTHENUM\{02030302-1d19-415f-86f2-22a2106a0a77}_VID&0001004c_PID&722c

I have run Boot Camp Assistant and downloaded the WindowsSupport package from this Mac Mini (I didn't use another Mac to download it with different hardware), and run the Setup.exe from that download. I have also tried to run some of the individual installers from the sub-folders, all with no luck. I have also ran the "Apple Software Update" utility in Windows as suggested, though I think that is more for iCloud / iTunes etc. and not hardware drivers. I have checked Windows update for drivers, but no luck. The version of MacOS on the MacMini is 10.15.6, and Windows edition is 10 Pro, version 2004.

Does anyone (Apple support) have links I can download suitable drivers for these 4 devices?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 6:45 AM

16 replies

Aug 4, 2020 11:23 AM in response to ks.davis

ks.davis wrote:

I have successfully installed Windows 10 (2004) Boot Camp on my Mac Mini 2018, and most devices have been recognised by the Boot Camp drivers, with the exception of 4 devices:

Base System Device - Hardware ID PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16BE&SUBSYS_96BE14E4&REV_20

This looks like a Broadcom Wireless device - vendor 0x14E4. Windows Update can provide a driver for this, if Bootcamp does not.

MAP MAS-iOS - Hardware ID BTHENUM\{00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0001004c_PID&722c

Wireless iAP - Hardware ID BTHENUM\{00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacafe}_VID&0001004c_PID&722c

Wireless iAP v2 - Hardware ID BTHENUM\{02030302-1d19-415f-86f2-22a2106a0a77}_VID&0001004c_PID&722c

These are Apple-specific devices/extensions for BT. There may not be any W10 drivers for these. iAP is the iPod Accessory Protocol.

I have run Boot Camp Assistant and downloaded the WindowsSupport package from this Mac Mini (I didn't use another Mac to download it with different hardware), and run the Setup.exe from that download. I have also tried to run some of the individual installers from the sub-folders, all with no luck. I have also ran the "Apple Software Update" utility in Windows as suggested, though I think that is more for iCloud / iTunes etc. and not hardware drivers. I have checked Windows update for drivers, but no luck. The version of MacOS on the MacMini is 10.15.6, and Windows edition is 10 Pro, version 2004.

Windows Update may not have drivers for some of these.

Does anyone (Apple support) have links I can download suitable drivers for these 4 devices?

If these unknown devices are not causing any issues, you may want to ignore them.

Aug 4, 2020 11:53 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for the reply. I had tried the Windows update, but that didn't offer any drivers. I'm more concerned by the Base System Device as that is showing a warning. Searching for that hardware ID doesn't produce any website results I'd comfortably trust. I'd rather let it sit there until Windows figures out what to do with it than download from any of those search results.

TBH I'm surprised Apple hasn't written .inf files or drivers for these yet, I'd expect their support for their own hardware to be more comprehensive than this. Your comment on iPod Accessory Protocol made me think of the days when iPhone drivers were included with iTunes, but installing iTunes on here didn't make a difference.

Aug 5, 2020 5:05 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for the reply Loner T. That long list doesn't include anything for DEV_16BE - the results are all from other aspects of the search string. If you test by searching for just the DEV_ number from one of the results it will return that result and others, so it is a valid test to search for DEV_16BE, but no results are found.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=DEV_16BE

Aug 8, 2020 12:41 AM in response to Loner T

Hi Loner T. I also have frequent System Event Log error 12 from source AppleSSD. I searched and found a thread where you answered a chap a while ago on the same issue on an iMac, where the solution turned out to be to use the latest Boot Camp drivers, which I am. That thread also discussed external drives, which I am not using - only the internal 512GB SSD. Sometimes these errors are followed by a hardware reboot, and EventID 6008 from EventLog to say the previous system shutdown was unexpected, and EventID 41 from source Kernel-Power. At first the unexpected hardware reboots were every hour or two but that was while I was setting up for the first time, so was more focused on getting the latest drivers. It still continues, but only once a day or so, and seemingly only after the Mac has been on for a while (I left it on overnight which is unusual for me, and it crashed after 30 min of use this morning). I have done a graceful restart after the crash reboot, so will see how it goes today. I'm away for the weekend so may only reply on Monday.

Aug 10, 2020 12:14 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks Loner T. Unfortunately the way Apple offer their Boot Camp drivers is via a menu option in Boot Camp Assistant, not via a weblink. The download only contains drivers specific to the Mac model you are on at the time of download, so I can't get say the latest iMac drivers to try. The only other Mac I have to hand is a 2015 MBP. If there is a 'public' link where I can get the latest iMac drivers I'd be happy to give them a try.

Aug 11, 2020 10:26 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks Loner T, very useful. I downloaded packages for iMac20,2, iMac19,2 and MacMini7,1 (along with the MacMini8,1 download which I already had), but no luck with any of them.

Online searches suggest it is a Broadcomm Memory Stick, but I don't have anything like that connected to my Mac Mini - only the Microsoft USB keyboard and Mouse wireless dongle, a Logitech Brio camera, and 2x Dell USB-C monitors. I'm reluctant to download drivers from the typical ad-ware sites, esp. when I think it's a valid expectation for Apple to provide the drivers if this device is indeed in the Mac Mini.

I am also keen to get it solved, esp. in light of the other storage related error events I am getting with the AppleSSD.

The other unknown devices are my iPhone Xs connected via BT - if I remove the iPhone Xs in device manager, those 3 go away, so we can ignore those and focus just on this 'Base System Device'.

Mac Mini 2018 BootCamp Drivers missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.