Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I install the Peacock TV app on my Apple TV app?

How do I install the Peacock TV app on my Apple TV app?

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 7:21 AM

8 replies

Aug 4, 2020 8:29 AM in response to ColonelDan46

You cannot install apps inside the Apple TV app. If a provider has partnered with Apple to have an Apple TV channel then it will be available inside the TV app. Otherwise, it requires installing a separate app, and if the provider has opted to integrate with the TV app it will be able to be part of the 'up next' queue as well as provide recommendations.

Aug 5, 2020 7:15 AM in response to ColonelDan46

The Apple TV and Apple TV App are 2 different things.

The Apple TV is a physical device, a small black box that you connect to your TV with an HDMI cable and has Apps, inlcuding the Apple TV App. It works like a Roku or Firestick device.

The Apple TV app being one of the Apps, on the Apple TV and other devices has embedded Channels from partner providers you can use. I Don't believe NBC's Peacock app is one of those "channels".

If you are just using the Apple TV App on say a Samsung Tv or a Roku device, then you cannot install apps in it.

The Peacock App would need to be available for the device you are using the Apple TV app on. i.e it would need to be available for the Samsung TV or Roku device specifically.

Aug 5, 2020 7:23 AM in response to ColonelDan46

It says: “Apple TV: Apple TV HD (4th generation or above) with tvOS 11 or above.” Of course you also have to be in a region where NBCUniversal Peacock TV is available (USA). Then you will find the Peacock TV app in the App Store on the Apple TV set-top box (4th generation or later) with tvOS 11 or later (tvOS up-to-date recommended (13.4.8)).

The Apple TV app is not the Apple TV set-top box. Third party streaming devices with the Apple TV app do not have access to the tvOS App Store. If you have a third party streaming devices with the Apple TV app, then you will have to ask the manufacturer of your streaming device to come to an agreement with NBCUniversal about inclusion of the Peacock TV app in the App Store of that manufacturer.

Aug 5, 2020 3:48 PM in response to ColonelDan46

A service will designate hardware that it supports. Apple TV is such hardware. A service also designates which models of that hardware they support, 4th gen or later in this case. On Apple TV hardware one would still need to download 3rd party apps from that app store, just as one would do on iPhone/iPad. Apple also offers the distinct Apple TV app, which is offered on their hardware and specific 3rd party devices. It is only if a 3rd party provider has partnered with Apple to be one of their Apple TV Channels that they will be available within that Apple TV app. External apps cannot be installed within another app.

If you are using another streaming device then you would simply have to use the app store for that device to download any apps, and if it is not yet offered inquire with the manufacturer as stated above.

how do I install the Peacock TV app on my Apple TV app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.