Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 32 GB iPad - has the black screen and it’s giving me the Apple logo when I’ve tried to turn it on

I’ve had my iPad since 2013, and I forget when it stopped working but it currently has been years since I’ve used it and it has the black screen and it’s always giving me the apple logo when I’ve tried to turn it on. I’ve had it on the charger, and I do not have a computer. I have also looked up on how to fix it and I have done a couple of trick to see it would work, but nothing as of yet.. Someone else me, please.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 10:27 AM

If iPad isn’t responding, do one of the following:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If your iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 10:27 AM in response to maggieodonnell24

If iPad isn’t responding, do one of the following:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If your iPad still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

Aug 4, 2020 5:07 PM in response to maggieodonnell24

There is a strong possibility that the battery has failed in that iPad.

I would not even bother looking into a battery replacement, unless you can find a local third party repair center that can actually and competently perform a cheap battery replacement on Apple iPads, as this iPad model is nearly 7-years old now and not worth doing any type of repairs at this point in time.

Time for a new, new refurbished or much “newer” ( read used ) iPad.

If you must purchase older, used iPad models, DO NOT look at anything older than a 2014 iPad Air 2 or 2015 iPad Mini 4.

Both of these models are the oldest iPad models that the up and coming iPadOS 14 will support, in the Fall of 2020.

If you must purchased used devices from unknown, untrusted sources, you must ask A WHOLE LOT more questions of the iOS device seller, ask for more photo/images, ask if the iPad has user/iCloud activation lock and ask for photos/images/short video proof, ANY POSITIVE, UNQUESTIONABLE, VISUAL PROOF, that such an iPad has been reset to factory settings and shown proof of the iOS device's start up screen showing the animated, moving, multi-language “Hello” Welcome to iPad screen.

If the iOS device seller is unwilling to do all of this to show you that the iPad, in question, is ready to use with no barriers to new user activation and use, pass on the iOS device and look at other iOS device sellers, elsewhere, who will be more accommodating to answering questions and providing visual image or video proof of a proper factory reset iPad.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

2013 32 GB iPad - has the black screen and it’s giving me the Apple logo when I’ve tried to turn it on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.