Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv + free year

Hi ,

I saw the if i i buy an apple tv 4k i get a year of apple tv+ subscription for free.

I just bought the apple tv, how do i get the free subscription?

Thank you,

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 4:23 PM

It’s when you activate the new device.

Offer must be claimed within 90 days from when you activated the new device 

Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.

The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.

Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Apple TV + Offer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 4:23 PM in response to cedwards8511

It’s when you activate the new device.

Offer must be claimed within 90 days from when you activated the new device 

Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.

The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the Apple TV+ channel page where you’ll see the offer.

Tap Enjoy 1 Year Free.

Apple TV + Offer

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210573

Aug 4, 2020 4:41 PM in response to Vancouver22

That's what I figured. I'm just out of luck then.

I got my iPad at the end of April, but didn't activate the Apple TV app until the end of July. I activated the app before heading for the hills on Friday and got an email to get the one year free subscription the next day. By the time I got back the next week, the 90 days must have passed; it will only allow for the 7 day trial now.

Missed it by just a few days...disappointing.

Aug 4, 2020 5:50 PM in response to cedwards8511

Oh, I really thought it went by when you activated the device. I don’t see how it knows the purchase date but it does know the date you set it up with your Apple ID. A lot of people run into trouble trying to get the one year to come up. For me I had to scroll through the TV App to the Apple tv+ Section, clicked on that, then it popped up.

So long as you haven’t already chosen the 7 day, which will void this. Try it again

Apple tv + free year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.