Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in on every app on my macbook because of the 2-factor authentication

So basically I wanted to reset my full computer because it was getting very slow and I just needed to organize it. So I delete my whole disk and when I wanted to install MacOS again it only showed me Yosemite. So I was like okay I will download Yosemite first and then immediatly go to the app store to download Catalina. After getting Yosemite I went to the app store and tried to log in but it doesn't let me log in. Not on app store or iTunes or even facetime. I type in my apple ID and the correct password and then it says something like: You need an Apple-ID verification code to log in. Type in your password followed by the verification code on your other device. I do get the message on my iPhone that someone is requesting the verification code and I press accept and then I do indeed so the 6 numbers. But I can't type it anywhere on my mac. I tried turning off 2-factor verification but it doesn't let me do it in my apple ID account.

If someone can help me with this that would be totally awesome!

The picture is in dutch though.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 1:10 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Can't log in on every app on my macbook because of the 2-factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.