You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Performance Settlement Not Recognizing iPhone Serial Code

We have a total of 5 phones that are eligible to Claim in this iPhone Battery Performance Settlement, but when I put in two of the 5 iPhone Serial Numbers, the website does not recognize the iPhones. Does anyone know how to claim the phones if the website does not recognize the phones?

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 4:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 4:48 PM

I've claimed three of the five phones eligible, but the iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 isn't being recognized by their servers. Gives this message: "The Serial Number you provided does not match the records in our

database. Please check the Serial Number you entered to be sure it is

complete and that you typed it correctly. Some common errors include

entering Zeros as “O”, typing a capital “B” instead of an 8, and

entering the Serial Number for a different device that is not eligible

under the Settlement. Please try inputting your Serial Number again, or

use the Search Tool below to locate your Serial Number."

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2020 4:48 PM in response to sberman

I've claimed three of the five phones eligible, but the iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 isn't being recognized by their servers. Gives this message: "The Serial Number you provided does not match the records in our

database. Please check the Serial Number you entered to be sure it is

complete and that you typed it correctly. Some common errors include

entering Zeros as “O”, typing a capital “B” instead of an 8, and

entering the Serial Number for a different device that is not eligible

under the Settlement. Please try inputting your Serial Number again, or

use the Search Tool below to locate your Serial Number."

Aug 5, 2020 3:07 PM in response to sberman

I have a similar problem that is a little harder to explain.

I bought two iPhone 7s at the same time, both are on the same Sprint store receipt, both have been on the same contract, and neither has had any replacements or repairs. And both phones meet all the requirements stated in the settlement.

One of the two iPhone 7's had its claim completed/accepted. The other iPhone 7's serial number is not recognized and it can not be identified by its Apple ID account using the smartphoneperformancesettlement site's database.

I'm on round three in email exchanges with the smartphoneperformancesettlement administrator on how to update their 'database' or how I can get on it. Unfortunately it does not appear that they actually read the email. I've received twice the same response and one other slightly different response both being stock replies, that are not even close to my question.

iPhone Performance Settlement Not Recognizing iPhone Serial Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.