Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to link my iPhone to my Mac to use mobile internet on my Mac and it wont work

How can I link my iPhone to my Mac to use mobile internet on my mac

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:29 AM

Do you have the HotSpot feature available with your cellular service plan? If you are not sure then check with your carrier. This is important because if the HotSpot feature is not activated by your carrier then nothing will work.

Open Settings on your iPhone and select Personal Hotspot. Simply turn this feature ON. If you do not see Personal HotSpot in your settings app then it is not available to you from your carrier.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 3:29 AM in response to Helpinternet

Do you have the HotSpot feature available with your cellular service plan? If you are not sure then check with your carrier. This is important because if the HotSpot feature is not activated by your carrier then nothing will work.

Open Settings on your iPhone and select Personal Hotspot. Simply turn this feature ON. If you do not see Personal HotSpot in your settings app then it is not available to you from your carrier.

Axel F.

I’m trying to link my iPhone to my Mac to use mobile internet on my Mac and it wont work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.