Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i register iphone 7plus given by a friend

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 6:16 AM

Register it for what? It would have no remaining warranty available at this point. Did your friend prepare the iPhone properly for you to use? When you turned it on, did it open to the hello page?

Make sure these directions were followed --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 6:16 AM in response to ntumeleni

Register it for what? It would have no remaining warranty available at this point. Did your friend prepare the iPhone properly for you to use? When you turned it on, did it open to the hello page?

Make sure these directions were followed --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.