Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have sent one HEIC photo to my Mac 10.15.6. I was able to move the photo, but the description of Name, Tag and Where is stuck on my screen. Nothing I do gets rid of it. It won't move, won't be trashed, nothing. How do I get rid of it?

I have sent one HEIC photo from my iPhone to my Mac 10.15.6. I was able to move the photo itself, but the description box for Name, Tag and Where is stuck on my Desktop. Nothing I do gets rid of it. It won't move, won't be trashed, nothing. How do I get rid of it? How do I get rid of this strange locked in invader?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 2:36 PM

Hello laelfromaz,

We want to help you get rid of that file that seems to be stuck.

See if you can move it to the trash after you have started your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Starting in safe mode will take a little longer than normal, because it verifies and repairs the directory, cleans caches, and loads only Apple-critical items. 

Also, video and your display may have white flashes, and may be slow and distorted while in safe mode.

It is also possible the file is in use: If you can't empty the Trash on your Mac

We hope this helps. Have a great day.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 2:36 PM in response to laelfromaz

Hello laelfromaz,

We want to help you get rid of that file that seems to be stuck.

See if you can move it to the trash after you have started your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Starting in safe mode will take a little longer than normal, because it verifies and repairs the directory, cleans caches, and loads only Apple-critical items. 

Also, video and your display may have white flashes, and may be slow and distorted while in safe mode.

It is also possible the file is in use: If you can't empty the Trash on your Mac

We hope this helps. Have a great day.

I have sent one HEIC photo to my Mac 10.15.6. I was able to move the photo, but the description of Name, Tag and Where is stuck on my screen. Nothing I do gets rid of it. It won't move, won't be trashed, nothing. How do I get rid of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.