Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t sign in to Apple TV on my to set ( about 8 years old) using an apple sttreaming device ( about 6 years old).

How do I watch Apple TV app programs on my TV set?

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 10:45 PM

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The age of your TV doesn’t matter, as long as it has HDMI. The Apple TV box will provide its own smart functionality.

With updated system software, you should be getting the Apple TV app on an Apple TV (3rd generation or later).

The Apple TV app and its channels are not available on Apple TV (2nd generation), not even through AirPlay.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 10:45 PM in response to Nannynanny

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The age of your TV doesn’t matter, as long as it has HDMI. The Apple TV box will provide its own smart functionality.

With updated system software, you should be getting the Apple TV app on an Apple TV (3rd generation or later).

The Apple TV app and its channels are not available on Apple TV (2nd generation), not even through AirPlay.

Can’t sign in to Apple TV on my to set ( about 8 years old) using an apple sttreaming device ( about 6 years old).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.