Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 7 does not ring when someone not on my favorites list calls. is shows up as a "recent call"

Someone calls my iPhone 7+ who is not in my contacts list, my phone does not ring, but shows up later as a recent call.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 6:53 PM

Hello d063163!

We see you are having some trouble with calls that aren't in your contacts being silenced so you don't get a notification when they come in. We can help get this resolved. That is caused by a feature called Silence Unknown Callers. You can see how to disable that feature here: Detect and block spam phone calls

Hope that helps. Have an excellent day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 6:53 PM in response to d063163

Hello d063163!

We see you are having some trouble with calls that aren't in your contacts being silenced so you don't get a notification when they come in. We can help get this resolved. That is caused by a feature called Silence Unknown Callers. You can see how to disable that feature here: Detect and block spam phone calls

Hope that helps. Have an excellent day!

my iphone 7 does not ring when someone not on my favorites list calls. is shows up as a "recent call"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.