Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Master Page

Hi,

I started a book layout on Pages about a month ago, and I go to create a Master Page so that I can change the background color of the pages. When I go to Format > Advanced > the "Create Master Page" button is greyed out. Any support to change the background color of the pages (to beige / off-white) or access the "Create Master Page" would be super helpful. Thank you!

MacBook

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 10:55 AM

Greetings bailier,

I appreciate your response. It was brought to my attention that I had begun writing the book in Word Processing format, rather than Page format. However, converting the document to the latter would mean the deletion of the contents of the entire file. Therefore, I created a new document, put it into Page format, and then copied and pasted the data from the previous file to the new one. This would seem to me to be the only viable option for anyone who's already begun creating a document in Word Processing format (which is the default), and then transition the background color (or, for any other reason access the Master Page).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 10:55 AM in response to bailier

Greetings bailier,

I appreciate your response. It was brought to my attention that I had begun writing the book in Word Processing format, rather than Page format. However, converting the document to the latter would mean the deletion of the contents of the entire file. Therefore, I created a new document, put it into Page format, and then copied and pasted the data from the previous file to the new one. This would seem to me to be the only viable option for anyone who's already begun creating a document in Word Processing format (which is the default), and then transition the background color (or, for any other reason access the Master Page).

Aug 8, 2020 8:01 PM in response to BrosephJacobs

Hello BrosephJacobs,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having issues accessing the Create Master Page feature. You mentioned that you're looking to change the background color. Have you tried using the steps outlined in the Pages User Guide for Mac, section: Change the page background in Pages on Mac? If not, give this a try to see if it helps.

Best wishes.

Pages Master Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.