You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes search order

I've switched from Evernotes to Apple Notes, and quite like it ... except for one thing. When I do a search in Notes, the results come up in some odd order than I cannot quite figure out.

Does anyone know what order it thinks it's sorting in? And is there some way to ask it to search by Date Created, or Title, or some discernible criterion?

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 5:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 3:26 PM

Roger Barre,

Thank you for replying back!

You can select the Notes application as an option to provide feedback when choosing iCloud from the Product Feedback resource, or by using this resource below:

Feedback - iCloud - Apple

Have a great day!

3 replies

Aug 9, 2020 9:04 AM in response to Roger Barre

Hi there Roger Barre,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re looking into the Search feature in the Notes app.

We’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

Sort and pin notes on Mac

This resource provides great information on changing the sort order in the Notes app.

While currently there is not a way to change the sort order of results displayed when using search in the Notes app, you can always provide feedback for a product or for a feature request with this resource below:

Product Feedback - Apple

Have a great day!

Notes search order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.