Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I cancel or continue AppleID Recovery process?

I was trying to help a friend that through what I can only call as extremely gross negligence she forgot the passcode to her phone after changing it, did not know her AppleID nor its password, did not know her email's password, and could not use her phone number because of course she cannot unlock it. Long story short after a couple hours of trying to recover her AppleID, including using me as a friend using Apple Support app to recover it, her AppleID entered the Recovery process which includes a 2 week waiting period before she is contacted by Apple.

Now we have recovered access to her phone number and her email, so she can receive SMS and email. Would these help in recovering her AppleID without the waiting period and contact from Apple? Should we keep waiting in the Recovery process, or cancel it and try the "forgot my password" and somehow confirm her identity through SMS or email? Thank you very much.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 9:27 AM

Do you have another device/computer where you can try the forgot password? If you have recovered the Apple ID and can recover the password, that should stop the recovery process once she signs into her Apple ID.

Similar questions

1 reply

Should I cancel or continue AppleID Recovery process?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.