Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Apple iPhone, Mac and iPad email

I’d like to set up my three Apple devices so that when I read/delete an email on one device it will be marked as read or deleted from the other devices. Currently I have the iPhone and Mac tied together, but I can’t figure out how to get the same on the iPad. Any suggestions?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 10:42 AM

You need to ensure that email accounts configured on your devices to use IMAP. If you have instead configured your devices to use POP3, it will be exceedingly difficult to achieve your aim.

Most commercial email providers support both IMAP and POP3. When setting-up accounts on iPad and iPhone, if using the wizard to assist with account setup, devices generally default to using IMAP.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 10:42 AM in response to Marlin71

You need to ensure that email accounts configured on your devices to use IMAP. If you have instead configured your devices to use POP3, it will be exceedingly difficult to achieve your aim.

Most commercial email providers support both IMAP and POP3. When setting-up accounts on iPad and iPhone, if using the wizard to assist with account setup, devices generally default to using IMAP.

Connecting Apple iPhone, Mac and iPad email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.