Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Android user not receiving my iPhone texts

I am running into a problem where one specific android number can send me texts, but does not receive mine. This has been an issue for the past 5 or so months. I have tried texting other androids, and all of them are able to receive my texts. Is this an apple issue, an android issue, or a service provider issue? Thanks in advance for the help.

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 10:24 AM

mlb919 wrote:

I am running into a problem where one specific android number can send me texts, but does not receive mine. This has been an issue for the past 5 or so months. I have tried texting other androids, and all of them are able to receive my texts. Is this an apple issue, an android issue, or a service provider issue? Thanks in advance for the help.

You can rule out Apple as SMS message is a phone carrier feature, you can probably rule your phone carrier out as well, since everyone other Android user can receive your text. So the issue will be with the Android user they will need to contact their service provider.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 10:24 AM in response to mlb919

mlb919 wrote:

You can rule out Apple as SMS message is a phone carrier feature, you can probably rule your phone carrier out as well, since everyone other Android user can receive your text. So the issue will be with the Android user they will need to contact their service provider.

Android user not receiving my iPhone texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.