Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Pencil will not charge.

Apple Pencil will not charge so therefore will not work. I have gone thru all the steps to try to get it to charge and it will not charge nor pair. It used to say battery 3% but not any more. I have tried connecting to the iPad and also using the charger to no avail.

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 10:39 AM

Hello,

If Apple Pencil’s battery sits depleted for an extended amount of time then it will essentially ruin the battery preventing it from ever holding a charge which makes the Apple Pencil useless. Apple Pencil has a 1 year warranty (when purchased from Apple) which means that Apple will most likely replace it if the battery has failed.

Please refer to the following Apple Support document on how to troubleshoot Apple Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Contact AppleCare

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 10:39 AM in response to GBKBO

Hello,

If Apple Pencil’s battery sits depleted for an extended amount of time then it will essentially ruin the battery preventing it from ever holding a charge which makes the Apple Pencil useless. Apple Pencil has a 1 year warranty (when purchased from Apple) which means that Apple will most likely replace it if the battery has failed.

Please refer to the following Apple Support document on how to troubleshoot Apple Pencil.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Contact AppleCare

My Apple Pencil will not charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.