Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2 day old MacBook Pro won’t turn on

My New MacBook Pro won’t turn on. I have had it for two days. I had it connected to power all day today. There is no signs of power at all. Is there anything I can do? All of my information was being downloaded from the cloud so I don’t think I can just exchange the computer. What happens to all my stuff?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 3:34 PM

3 replies

Aug 6, 2020 4:26 PM in response to jennifer from DK

Personally I wouldn't be too concerned if returning it to Apple. Plus at this point there isn't much that I know of that you could do about it anyway. I'm assuming that if it wasn't returned it would still end up being returned to them for repair.

For future reference, the first thing I do with a new MacBook before downloading any data to it is to turn on FileVault. That provides very thorough protection of data in all situations including theft or loss. Use FileVault to encrypt the startup disk on your Mac - Apple Support

My 2 day old MacBook Pro won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.