Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get internet on my ipad?

I purchase an ipad why is there no internet on it?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 5:33 PM

4 replies

Aug 6, 2020 6:37 PM in response to sharkeema

iPads do not just magically get the Internet on them.

Unless you purchased a WiFi and cellular data model iPad to use with your cell phone carrier as a source for Internet access,

to get Internet on a wireless, WiFi ONLY iPad, means either using public WiFi at public libraries, bookstores or different restaurants/coffee houses, hotel/motels, hospitals/ and healthcare/medical facilities and other types of public establishments that may post easy to find Free WiFi available somewhere where it is easily visible to people, you need to call a local or national Internet Service Provider ( ISP ) and sign up for and purchased a monthly paid Internet access service plan and have this Internet service make an appointment to come to your home to setup your home with Internet hardware and cables needed to get a home wireless Internet connection network into your home that your iPad can connect to and receive the Internet.

Best of Luck to You!

how do I get internet on my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.