Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 84 year old mother has forgotten her passcode to her IPad.

I have run an update and restore, but the IPad is asking for the old passcode...the only option it offers is to reset encrypted data, which will remove and delete everything from the cloud..I cant do that to her...the last pictures of my step dad are in there...

Anyone with an idea...please let me know

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:32 PM

I don't believe you have any other option..

If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

2 replies

Aug 6, 2020 6:47 PM in response to Peter_A_R

Yeah,

I agree with Chris0107.

At this point in time, there is no other options than to wipe the device and set it up as new.

It is now too late for any other actions, now.

That is why its important to backup data on any computer or computing device on a regular/semi-regular basis.

These devices can glitch, go wrong, succumb to user error or fail for ANY reason at ANY time, with NO warning.

So sorry, but it is what it is now.

If this is a very old iPad, when you reset this device, even old apps may no longer be available to this iPad, any longer as 8 and 9-year old iPads are soon to become obsolete and fully unsupported by the end of 2020!

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

My 84 year old mother has forgotten her passcode to her IPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.