Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad is compatible but it wont update to ios 12 or 13

I have a iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.3.5 but it cant update and when I try to update it It says your software is up to date and when i go on my pc it has the same problem

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 9:11 PM

If your iPad has been stuck on iOS 9.3.5 for the past few years, with no major upgrades/updates forthcoming, then you own a 2012, iPad Mini 1st generation and NOT an iPad Mini 2nd generation.

A 1st gen iPad Mini cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 9.3.5 for WiFi ONLY models and iOS 9.3.6 for WiFi & cellular data models.

A 1st gen iPad Mini is a NEARLY 8-year old device, now!

These older iPad models are too old, now, too underpowered and completely incompatible with any of the current and future versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Sorry, but it is what it is, today, in the year 2020!

These old 8 and 9-year old iPad models will be soon rendered obsolete and fully unsupported by the end of 2020!

Here's why and what you will need to do about it in 2020!

Tap and read my link below for my additional info about your old iPad model.

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 9:11 PM in response to ___kayden___

If your iPad has been stuck on iOS 9.3.5 for the past few years, with no major upgrades/updates forthcoming, then you own a 2012, iPad Mini 1st generation and NOT an iPad Mini 2nd generation.

A 1st gen iPad Mini cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 9.3.5 for WiFi ONLY models and iOS 9.3.6 for WiFi & cellular data models.

A 1st gen iPad Mini is a NEARLY 8-year old device, now!

These older iPad models are too old, now, too underpowered and completely incompatible with any of the current and future versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Sorry, but it is what it is, today, in the year 2020!

These old 8 and 9-year old iPad models will be soon rendered obsolete and fully unsupported by the end of 2020!

Here's why and what you will need to do about it in 2020!

Tap and read my link below for my additional info about your old iPad model.

If you own OLD 8 and 9 Year Old iPad mo… - Apple Community

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

my ipad is compatible but it wont update to ios 12 or 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.