Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did Home Sharing stopped working after updating iPhone to 13.6

Why did Home Sharing stopped working after updating iPhone to 13.6.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 9:38 AM

Hey there noho2020,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We see you're having an issue with Home Sharing on your iPhone, and we'll be glad to help.

First, we recommend reviewing the "Before you set up Home Sharing" section of this link to see if it helps, and also verifying that Home Sharing is set up according to this document: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

If that doesn't help, let us know what’s happening. If you receive an error message, what does it say?

Are you able to reproduce the issue? What actions do you take to reproduce it?

The more information you provide, the better chance the community will be able to offer some additional guidance.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 9:38 AM in response to noho2020

Hey there noho2020,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We see you're having an issue with Home Sharing on your iPhone, and we'll be glad to help.

First, we recommend reviewing the "Before you set up Home Sharing" section of this link to see if it helps, and also verifying that Home Sharing is set up according to this document: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

If that doesn't help, let us know what’s happening. If you receive an error message, what does it say?

Are you able to reproduce the issue? What actions do you take to reproduce it?

The more information you provide, the better chance the community will be able to offer some additional guidance.

Have a great day!

Aug 10, 2020 3:58 PM in response to deondria51

I have this problem too after updating my iPad and iPhone to 13.6. There is no error message. On both devices when I click on my Music Library link, I get the indication that the device is trying to load the Library, but then it quickly reverts to the home page. I've checked everything I can check to see what's going on, including checking that the home sharing is in fact working between my iMac to my MacAir ... and, yes, it works. The problem only exists on the two recently updated ios devices.

Help!

Aug 12, 2020 1:20 PM in response to deondria51

Here are some more details:

Hardware/Software

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

iPhone 6s Version iOS 13.6

iPad Air Version iOS 12.4.8

Progression of events:

1. Set up Family Sharing on all three devices

2. Added my ripped cds to iTunes Library with MacBook Air (iTunes > File > Add to Library….

3. Added Cds now show and can be “played” on iPhone and iPad (and Mac).

4. iPhone auto updates to iOS 13.6.

5. Clicking on my Music Library link, you see the indication that the device is trying to load the Library, but then it crashes reverting to the home page.

6. Family sharing of iTunes library still works fine on the iPad.

7. Turning Family Sharing off and back on on MacBook Air and the iPhone does not correct issue

8, iPad auto updates to iOS 12.4.8

9. Family sharing of iTunes library still works fine on the iPad.

10. Family sharing of iTunes library still crashes on iPhone

Why did Home Sharing stopped working after updating iPhone to 13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.