Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro is hot when using blackboard.

Hi guys! I am using my MacBook Pro 13 inch 2019 for online classes. I used the app called blackboard. My laptop is hot when using the app. I used an application called MONIT to observe the laptop's condition. For CPU, the temperature is around 60C. For GPU it is around 60C as well. The 2 fans were spinning at around 1200++ rpm. Is this normal?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 9:09 PM

3 replies

Aug 10, 2020 8:23 AM in response to Derek from Malaysia

Hello Derek from Malaysia,

It sounds like you noticed your MacBook Pro gets warm when while using the Blackboard app. Be sure when using the MacBook, you use it on a flat solid surface like a table or a desk. When a MacBook is used on a blanket or the bed the device will get warm because it does not have proper ventilation. Check out this link to learn more about keeping your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2020 6:24 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hello, I am experiencing the same issues when using the MacBook for classes. It is very disappointing because the laptop is two months old and my sole purpose for purchase was for graduate school.

When a phone call was placed to AppleCare they suggested I download the blackboard APP instead of running the program from safari.

Macbook Pro is hot when using blackboard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.