Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iTunes Download an Album Twice if I Purchase the Deluxe After the Original?

I wasn't sure how to word the subject line but I already downloaded/paid for an album and now the artist is dropping a deluxe album with the same songs plus a few extra songs. If I purchase the deluxe album, will iTunes download the entire album, including the songs I already bought, or will it only download the songs that I don't have? This goes for payment too. Do I have to pay fo the entire album or do I only need to pay for the few songs that are on the new deluxe album? I was going to pre-order but realized that once the date comes, I might end up buying the exact same album again (plus the new songs, which are the only songs I want). I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 8:38 AM

Hello Tk89,

It sounds like you purchased an album and the artists released a deluxe version which has the same songs and a few additional songs. You are wondering if you purchase the new album if it would be for the full album or only the additional songs. You can purchase different versions of the same album, like a clean and explicit version. Since you are only wanting those additional songs you may want to purchase the songs separately, so you do not have to repurchase the entire album. Check out this link for support with purchasing music from iTunes.

Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 8:38 AM in response to TK89

Hello Tk89,

It sounds like you purchased an album and the artists released a deluxe version which has the same songs and a few additional songs. You are wondering if you purchase the new album if it would be for the full album or only the additional songs. You can purchase different versions of the same album, like a clean and explicit version. Since you are only wanting those additional songs you may want to purchase the songs separately, so you do not have to repurchase the entire album. Check out this link for support with purchasing music from iTunes.

Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store

Cheers!

Will iTunes Download an Album Twice if I Purchase the Deluxe After the Original?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.