Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone xs max not saving contact

Hi I have an Iphone XS max and it wont save a contact. When I save the contact through the messages app it will save and pop up on the messages until i close the app out. When i open it again, the letter that the contact begins with pops up where a picture should go, but the name doesn’t pop up, just the phone number. It does save in the contacts though.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 1:10 AM

Where are your Contacts stored?

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2020 1:10 AM in response to koby160

Where are your Contacts stored?

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Iphone xs max not saving contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.