Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Visible to Invisible contacts

When I try looking for a contact in my contact list, it doesn't show the contact even though it's there. When I type their name to text them, it comes up. How do I solve this?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 11:35 AM

Hi bree_97,

We understand that you're unable to view some of your contacts within the Contacts app, and we can take a closer look into what's happening.

To get started, have you made any recent changes to email accounts on your iPhone? This could include changing an email account password or removing an old work account from your device. The reason we ask is that all contact information is stored either in iCloud or associated with an email account that is set up on the phone; none of them are stored on the iPhone itself. If the contact is still being found when you type in their name, we can start with the steps below first.

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In particular, you'll want to make sure that Contacts is enabled for your associated email accounts and that none of the Contacts groups are hidden.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 11:35 AM in response to bree_97

Hi bree_97,

We understand that you're unable to view some of your contacts within the Contacts app, and we can take a closer look into what's happening.

To get started, have you made any recent changes to email accounts on your iPhone? This could include changing an email account password or removing an old work account from your device. The reason we ask is that all contact information is stored either in iCloud or associated with an email account that is set up on the phone; none of them are stored on the iPhone itself. If the contact is still being found when you type in their name, we can start with the steps below first.

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

In particular, you'll want to make sure that Contacts is enabled for your associated email accounts and that none of the Contacts groups are hidden.

Visible to Invisible contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.