Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS files cannot be accessed in Windows 10 partition in Bootcamp

I have Bootcamp installed. I can access my files on Windows from the MacOS side, but I can't access files on Mac while I'm on Windows. The Macintosh HD Drive which is supposed to appear in This PC does not show up.

This is the output of diskutil list from Terminal.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 6:03 AM

CoreStorage and APFS file systems are not supported for access from Windows. There are third-party drivers, but they are buggy, so use them at your own risk.

BC 6.0 supported read-only access to Apple HFS+ partitions from Windows, but it has been deprecated by Apple with the advent of newer file systems.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 6:03 AM in response to samiej

CoreStorage and APFS file systems are not supported for access from Windows. There are third-party drivers, but they are buggy, so use them at your own risk.

BC 6.0 supported read-only access to Apple HFS+ partitions from Windows, but it has been deprecated by Apple with the advent of newer file systems.

MacOS files cannot be accessed in Windows 10 partition in Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.