Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set up a pop gmail account on my iphone 8

I'm trying to set up a POP Gmail account that is shared with my spouse. We wish to leave all emails on the gmail server and handle the incoming mail on our respective phones without one user causing the other user to have the email removed from their inbox. An imap account moves mail from the inbox to the archive or trash on both iPhones when one user has read the mail and files it (or delete it) on their device. As I understand it, the POP account can be configured to retain the mail in the Gmail online inbox and not cause the received mail to "disappear" if another shared user chooses to file it on their device. Any help is much appreciated.

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 3:52 PM

OldGimp2 wrote:

I'm trying to set up a POP Gmail account that is shared with my spouse. We wish to leave all emails on the gmail server and handle the incoming mail on our respective phones without one user causing the other user to have the email removed from their inbox. An imap account moves mail from the inbox to the archive or trash on both iPhones when one user has read the mail and files it (or delete it) on their device. As I understand it, the POP account can be configured to retain the mail in the Gmail online inbox and not cause the received mail to "disappear" if another shared user chooses to file it on their device. Any help is much appreciated.

See >>> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828?hl=en

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2020 3:52 PM in response to OldGimp2

OldGimp2 wrote:

See >>> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828?hl=en

how do I set up a pop gmail account on my iphone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.