Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quickly transfer photos from iphone 11 to windows computer

1. What is the fastest possible way to transfer photos from the iphone 11 to a windows computer? If money were no object and you could start from scratch. What cables would you use? What computer ports? Any specific program?
  2. What is the best way to instantly send photos through the cloud (or whatever) to get to my computer. I want to take a picture with my phone and have it automatically show up on my computer in another room. I know it won't literally be instantly but as fast as possible. Icloud? Dropbox? Some other program? What is the absolute fastest way.

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 6:22 PM

It would be if you have a Mac.

Import to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using the Windows Photos app:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  3. If asked, unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  4. If you see a prompt on your iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, visit Microsoft's website to learn how to import photos to the Windows Photos app in Windows 10.

If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you need to download the original, full resolution versions of your photos to your iPhone before you import to your PC. Find out how.

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in the Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

Learn what to do if you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2020 6:22 PM in response to fdfiguggkijb

It would be if you have a Mac.

Import to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using the Windows Photos app:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
  2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  3. If asked, unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  4. If you see a prompt on your iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, visit Microsoft's website to learn how to import photos to the Windows Photos app in Windows 10.

If you have iCloud Photos turned on, you need to download the original, full resolution versions of your photos to your iPhone before you import to your PC. Find out how.

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in the Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

Learn what to do if you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

Aug 8, 2020 9:17 AM in response to ckuan

I tried to do that with the photos app and it wanted to import all 9000 pictures. What if I only want to import the last 300?

Also, what cables, ports, computer hardware, etc. will help it go quicker. I can get it to work where I open up the folders in the phone and drag and drop the files into a folder on my desktop but its just really slow and sometimes the phone will say its not responding or thinks it's disconnected after about 40/300 have been transferred.

Quickly transfer photos from iphone 11 to windows computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.