Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Battery

So I have had my laptop for a couple of years now and just had my laptop fixed for another issue as I pay insurance on it however I had a issue with a charger which I replaced and only got yesterday and was working fine however this afternoon I realised that the charger is showing the orange light and the little bar at the top shows the icon that it is charging however the text shows as 'Battery is not charging'.

I tried to reset the SMC however the same has happened. Is there anything I can do or is it still going to charge even if it shows different?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 4:31 AM

A recent update of Mac OS seems to have changed the behaviour of the charge circuit.

Leave the charge circuit connected, and use the computer as you normally would. Keep an eye on the charge percentage, and determine if charging starts again after the battery drops below 90%.

2 replies

Mac Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.