Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HEIC photos will not upload for printing

I have a MacBook Pro 15 (in late 2011). MacOS is High Sierra 10.13.6 Many of my photos are HEIC rather than Jpeg. I uploaded photos to Walmart for printing. All the jpegs uploaded but the HEIC photos will not upload. I have read and followed instructions about going to Photos on my 8+ phone and checking "Download and Keep Originals" but there is no change. I also read that the IOS system should be 11 or higher. Mine is 10.13.6. Don't think it will upgrade higher. How can I print my HEIC photos?

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 3:53 PM

gran11 wrote:

I also read that the IOS system should be 11 or higher. Mine is 10.13.6.

"Mine is 10.13.6" is not possible. There was never such an iOS version. Further, it's quite a coincidence this happens to be the same number you listed as your OS X version.

Anyway, this article explains how to go about converting your file to jpeg.

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 3:53 PM in response to gran11

gran11 wrote:

I also read that the IOS system should be 11 or higher. Mine is 10.13.6.

"Mine is 10.13.6" is not possible. There was never such an iOS version. Further, it's quite a coincidence this happens to be the same number you listed as your OS X version.

Anyway, this article explains how to go about converting your file to jpeg.

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

HEIC photos will not upload for printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.