Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid AirPods serial number

This is the serial number of my airpods 2.(FX*******8DS) .I bought it in used...Now I checked for the serial numbers on the case and on each airpod...it is the same...but when I entered at you coverage checking website, it said the serial number is invalid.I was also told that replaced airpods can give such an issue.Now I don't know if they are real or fake. Please guide me through it.

[Edited by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:18 PM

usama122 Said:

"I already did that and the site said INVALID. So I need to know if this is a problem or not. Whether they are real or fake??? Thanks for trying anyways. Will be helpful if you can still solve it for me."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Apple sill see this from their perspective, and let you know where this all stands - perhaps it is indeed fake - only that (I Assume) would know.

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 9:18 PM in response to usama122

usama122 Said:

"I already did that and the site said INVALID. So I need to know if this is a problem or not. Whether they are real or fake??? Thanks for trying anyways. Will be helpful if you can still solve it for me."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Apple sill see this from their perspective, and let you know where this all stands - perhaps it is indeed fake - only that (I Assume) would know.

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

Aug 8, 2020 9:21 PM in response to usama122

usama122 Said:

-------

A Few Last Thoughts:

Using Windows:

A. Providing a Screenshot:

Take a Photo - delete personal information (i.e. the Serial Number) form the photo.

Go Here: Use Snipping Tool to Capture Screenshots - Microsoft Support

Attach it, using the first-item in from the far-right:

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Go to the Help menu of your browser to find out how. Cookies perform a remembrance of Site-entered Data. Cache keeps a remembrance of the last time you visited a site.

C. Try a Different Web Browser:

See if using a different Web Browser fixes this. Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome seem the way to go about this.

D. Any Security Software Installed?:

It might be overlapping one another, if more than one.

Also...

E. Try Another Computer:

See if entering this using another computer makes a difference - doing so, you'd likely find it based on this computer having all the junk installed.

Invalid AirPods serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.