Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to see my texts from 4 years ago on my iPhone 6 how do I do this

I don’t want to reset my phone but need to see a text from 4 years ago. I still have the contact but the conversations history is gone. Is this possible to get back? If yes how?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 2:06 AM

If you don't have the backup with this text and it's not on the phone -- not possible. Check Messages on Mac/iPad if you have any just to be sure.

If they are still in iCloud backup for whatever weird reason, restore it to a spare device and check what you can find.

If you still have an iTunes backup that may contain these messages, download the trial version of iMazing or any other backup extractor (guide on how to browse messages , same in any app) and just filter messages by contact and date.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 2:06 AM in response to Neediphone6help

If you don't have the backup with this text and it's not on the phone -- not possible. Check Messages on Mac/iPad if you have any just to be sure.

If they are still in iCloud backup for whatever weird reason, restore it to a spare device and check what you can find.

If you still have an iTunes backup that may contain these messages, download the trial version of iMazing or any other backup extractor (guide on how to browse messages , same in any app) and just filter messages by contact and date.

Aug 8, 2020 9:31 PM in response to Neediphone6help

If you deleted the text, but it was contained in a backup.. as far as I know, the only way you could ever get it back would be to back up your phone as it is now.. restore your phone to the old backup, view the message(s), then restore your phone back to the most recent backup. I have a feeling this would be more trouble than it's worth.. of course I have no idea why you need these texts

I want to see my texts from 4 years ago on my iPhone 6 how do I do this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.