Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A thumb drive question, please . . .

After years of no problems, my 10.15.5 Mac has seemingly given up on small Sandisk drives -- they no longer work and don't appear in the Finder. In fact, that whole lower bit of the Finder's list at the left of the Desktop about attachments is no longer shown! Just blank.

Further strangeness: When a drive is inserted, it does appear in the Disk Utility -- and when it's taken out there's a notice about how it wasn't removed correctly.

Do hope someone recognises the problem,

Fortes

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:43 PM

In the SideBar, where you call it "attachments," hover the cursor over the right side of the header and click the Show button.

You can also see disks in a Finder window. Use the Go To Computer (cmd-shift-c) to show the mounted drives.

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 9, 2020 12:03 AM in response to fortes

Fortes here again with a p.s. to the above problem that Barney-15E above solved, God bless him!!

Thing is, what was going on on my Mac 10.15.5 was a big problem for me, totally preventing all use of

SanDisk thumb-drives.

I'd like to suggest to Apple that one's being able to hide parts of the info in the Finder's left-hand column

DOES NO GOOD and indeed is a terrible problem just waiting to be sprung. It took 30 years to get me.

Please consider removing this thing.

A thumb drive question, please . . .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.