Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable the left swipe camera launch function?

Is there a way to disable the swipe left camera activation function from the lock screen, without disabling the press & hold camera button?

Most of the time when I put my phone in my pocket and while touching the screen unintentionally, my fingers would swipe the screen left, the camera would activate and stay on.

Can we disable just the swipe function only without having to go into screen time and disable the camera all together? Is there a way to control these setting separately?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:46 PM

I don't believe there is a way to turn that left swipe to access the camera off.

If the primary issue is that your phone wakes up in your pocket, you could try turning off 'Tap to Wake' in Settings > Accessibility > Touch? This should stop the phone from 'waking' when you touch the display accidentally.

I typically wake my phone using the 'Raise to Wake' option in Settings > Display & Brightness, so it'd take a bit of getting used to, but I don't think it'd be that bad to turn off 'Tap to Wake'. Can also always wake the phone with the power/sleep/wake button.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 9:46 PM in response to MAXXUSExtreme

I don't believe there is a way to turn that left swipe to access the camera off.

If the primary issue is that your phone wakes up in your pocket, you could try turning off 'Tap to Wake' in Settings > Accessibility > Touch? This should stop the phone from 'waking' when you touch the display accidentally.

I typically wake my phone using the 'Raise to Wake' option in Settings > Display & Brightness, so it'd take a bit of getting used to, but I don't think it'd be that bad to turn off 'Tap to Wake'. Can also always wake the phone with the power/sleep/wake button.

How to disable the left swipe camera launch function?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.