Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Twitter on Safari refreshes itself infinitely and eventually crashes the whole iPad

Not sure if anything causes this, but every few days, going on Twitter in Safari causes the page to refresh every second, infinitely, until the page crashes.

Normally I can still go on other pages but attempting to do it after this crash results in other websites crashing, opening another app crashes, trying to log in to your Apple ID from settings does nothing, the keyboard stops working, and the iPad itself becomes burning hot......all from just going on Twitter.

I have every single app other than Safari closed while doing this, and the problem replicates itself every few days, after a reset.

This is the latest iPad model, whereas my day one iPhone 5S does not have any problems whatsoever so I’m confused.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 7:25 AM

Have you tried to clear Safari history and cookies?:--> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

When done, restart your iPad and test it.

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

2 replies

Twitter on Safari refreshes itself infinitely and eventually crashes the whole iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.