Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full storage

I’ve bought the 200GB storage but my iPhone XR still says that my phone is full how do I fix this?

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 10:25 AM

I believe you misunderstand what iCloud storage is for. It is not possible to expand the storage capacity of your phone. If you want to do something with your iCloud storage YOU have to set it up, nothing will happen automatically.

Did you buy iCloud storage because your iPhone storage is getting full?

What is taking up the majority of your space?

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have a bunch of storage space being used by photos, you can setup iCloud Photos to use the storage space that you bought. In order to save space on your iPhone, you'll need to make sure the Optimize Storage switch is on. Note that this is a sync, not a backup, so you cannot delete the pictures from your phone. Just lower resolution ones will reside on your phone, thus saving space

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 10:25 AM in response to RodriguezAL

I believe you misunderstand what iCloud storage is for. It is not possible to expand the storage capacity of your phone. If you want to do something with your iCloud storage YOU have to set it up, nothing will happen automatically.

Did you buy iCloud storage because your iPhone storage is getting full?

What is taking up the majority of your space?

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have a bunch of storage space being used by photos, you can setup iCloud Photos to use the storage space that you bought. In order to save space on your iPhone, you'll need to make sure the Optimize Storage switch is on. Note that this is a sync, not a backup, so you cannot delete the pictures from your phone. Just lower resolution ones will reside on your phone, thus saving space

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Full storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.