Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I play podcasts on my iPod Touch 4 now?

When I press Music, and then More, the options no longer include Podcasts. I tried downloading the Apple Podcasts app to the iPod, but can't, because the app requires iOs 10 or later, and this iPod won't update to that iOs (though, if it won't update, I wonder how it made the change I'm describing?). iTunes is still downloading my favorite podcasts, and they're apparently downloading to the iPod, but I can't access them. Am I out of luck as far as using this iPod to play podcasts ever again? Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 5:49 AM

Thank you! I'd been syncing with iTunes all along, but today, although I had "Sync Podcasts" checked, I didn't have any individual podcast series checked. When I added those checkmarks, the podcasts downloaded, and a "Podcasts" options appeared on the iPod.

Very much appreciate your help, but wish this answer had been easier to find, or that it it could be easier for a user to know about changes that affect the apps and devices they use the most.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 5:49 AM in response to QuickPost

Thank you! I'd been syncing with iTunes all along, but today, although I had "Sync Podcasts" checked, I didn't have any individual podcast series checked. When I added those checkmarks, the podcasts downloaded, and a "Podcasts" options appeared on the iPod.

Very much appreciate your help, but wish this answer had been easier to find, or that it it could be easier for a user to know about changes that affect the apps and devices they use the most.

How can I play podcasts on my iPod Touch 4 now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.