Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID is different then my wife’s. How do we share?

My wife and I are trying to share our music that is on our desktop. We have separate accounts and Apple IDs. How do we share the music without using just one of our Apple IDs on our own devises?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 6:10 PM

eSpainy Said:

My Apple ID is different then my wife’s. How do we share?: My wife and I are trying to share our music that is on our desktop. We have separate accounts and Apple IDs. How do we share the music without using just one of our Apple IDs on our own devises?

———-

Accounts cannot be Merged:

Merging Apple IDs is is not an option, as of this reply.

However, Use Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this: Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID.

Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 6:10 PM in response to eSpainy

eSpainy Said:

My Apple ID is different then my wife’s. How do we share?: My wife and I are trying to share our music that is on our desktop. We have separate accounts and Apple IDs. How do we share the music without using just one of our Apple IDs on our own devises?

———-

Accounts cannot be Merged:

Merging Apple IDs is is not an option, as of this reply.

However, Use Family Sharing:

But, using Family Sharing, might work for this: Family Sharing makes it easy for up to six family members to share App Store purchases and Apple subscriptions, including an iCloud storage plan, and more—all without sharing an Apple ID.

Learn More Here: Set Up Famify Sharing - Apple Support

Aug 9, 2020 6:50 PM in response to eSpainy

eSpainy wrote:

That looks to be a lot easier then reloading all those cds! Thanks folks! Instead of “Stay Safe”, how about “Get Wealthy!”

To be clear, there is no way to share CD based music using Family Sharing. That only shares iTunes purchased music.

To each have access to CD based music, you each have to sync using iTunes/Finder from the same local iTunes library holding that music.

My Apple ID is different then my wife’s. How do we share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.